Privacy statement for events organised by the Historical Archives of the European Union
1. Online invitation/registration relating to events organised by the Historical Archives of the European Union
Personal data related to this invitation will be processed in accordance with President’s Decision No. 40 of 27 August 2013 regarding Data Protection at the EUI.
The relevant data processing operations thereof and the event/meeting are under the responsibility of the Director Dieter Schlenker of the EUI’s Historical Archives of the European Union as the Data Controller.
2. Why is data collected and further processed?
- Processing of participants’ personal data is needed for the efficient organisation and management of the event, including management of lists for contacts, invitations, participants’ reports, distribution and feedback on reports, meeting follow-up, follow-up meetings, follow-up actions, news and publications.
- Photo, video and audio recording will be needed for creating awareness and distributing information on the event.
3. What personal data does the EUI collect and further process, and how?
- Only the following registration data will be collected, if needed: title, family name, first name, name of the organisation, e-mail address, postal address and the country where the organisation or individual is established, profession/position, phone number and fax number.
- Conference/Event attendees may receive a Guest User Account associated to their registration data, to access the Internet and the EUI’s services and infrastructures. In such a case, the Guest account information and the Internet navigation logs are both collected. The identification of the user connected to a log entry may only be provided on the basis of an administrative inquiry and/disciplinary action by the EUI or upon a legally binding request by a judicial or a law-enforcement authority.
- A passport/identity card number/ date of birth may be required to verify the identity of the visitor. They may be used for preparing the entrance permissions and access control purpose by security guards or competent EUI staff to the EUI’s premises or the premises where the conference/event takes place.
- Participants at the conference may be given the opportunity to indicate individual requirements, e.g. those pertaining to diet or mobility. This information will be processed only to ensure that these requirements are taken into account and will not be used or stored beyond that single event.
- Photographs/pictures, presentations, audio and video recording of speakers and participants and live web streaming of this public event may be taken. They may be reproduced in various media including EUI publications, the EUI website, social networks, TV channels and the press, in connection with the event, or for further cultural and institutional purposes as well as for promotional activities of the EUI. However, a photograph portraying a particular individual may be published only with the explicit consent of that individual.
- If you wish that your image or voice is not recorded and published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please contact the conference organisers who will accommodate your needs, if possible.
4. Who collects and has access to your personal data and to whom is it disclosed?
- Personal data may be collected only by the EUI services and units involved in the organisation of the conference.
- The list of participants (title, last name, first name, organisation/company, country) may be published on the website of the event. A more detailed contact list of participants (including also your e-mail address) may be distributed to all participants on the date of the event with a view to facilitating future contacts. Should you wish that your name is not displayed in any of those lists you have the possibility to object to (opt-out from) any such dissemination of your contact details by notifying accordingly the Data Controller at the contact address mentioned below.
- Photographs/pictures, presentations, audio and video recordings will be collected by the Historical Archives of the European Union acting as the conference organiser.
- Guest account details are accessible to the conference organiser and to the ICT Service for technical support.
- Internet navigation logs are collected for security purposes and for a period up to six months. They can be collected also for the purpose of administrative inquiries and/or disciplinary proceedings by the EUI. The identification of the user connected to a log entry will only be provided on basis of an administrative inquiry and/or disciplinary proceeding by the EUI or upon a legally binding a request by a judicial or another law-enforcement authority. The log data concerning access to electronic resources that are licensed to the EUI may be used to identify users who have violated the “Terms and Conditions of Use for Licensed Electronic Resources - European University Institute”.
5. How do we protect and safeguard your information?
- All personal data collected are internally processed only by designated EUI staff members or agents and stored on servers which abide by the EUI’s security rules and standards.
- In case an external contractor assists in the organisation of the event, the collected personal data and all information related to the event is stored on a computer of the external processor, acting as processor, who has to guarantee the data protection, security and confidentiality required by EUI President’s Decision No. 40/2013 regarding Data Protection.
- Participants' data may be shared with service providers and/or external contractors and organisers only for institutional purposes pertaining to the organisation of the conference or event and provided they have in place comparable safeguards for the protection of privacy.
- The list of participants may be transmitted to law enforcement authorities and bodies in charge of a monitoring or inspection task under national or Community law, and only upon their specific request justified only by security reasons pertaining to the conference. Such list may be transmitted without any comments or revisions, and only after authorisation of the President of the EUI. Participants may be distinguished into categories only for logistic purposes.
6. How can you verify, modify or delete your personal data?
If you wish to verify which personal data is stored by the responsible Data Controller, or access, correct or delete your personal data stored at the EUI, please get in touch with the Data Controller at the address indicated below.
7. Contact information
- Remarks can be addressed to the EUI’s Data Protection Officer
- Complaints can be addressed to the Data Controller: Director of the Historical Archives of the European Union, European University Institute, Via Bolognese 156, 50139 Florence, Italy, Phone: +39 055 4685 661/945, Fax: +39 055 573 728, E-mail: email@example.com
They should be notified simultaneously to the EUI’s Data Protection Officer.